Winter Storm Update no. 4
Further developments since our last update on port activity since the storm as follows:
- Container terminals will remain closed all day on Friday
- Truck gates will re-open at 0800 on Saturday until 1700 and have the same schedule for Sunday.
- CBP will again be closed on Friday and another snow day granted allowing duty payments and entry summary filings for January 4th and 5th to be deferred two days without penalty.
- CBP operations expected to resume Saturday January 6th at 0800 subject to road and weather conditions being sufficiently improved.
- Full resumption of port activities will begin at 0800 on Monday.
- as of noon today the shipping channel to the Chesapeake has been re-opened by the Coast Guard and all vessels for Baltimore and Virginia Ports are now able to transit
Complete details of the official announcement are available at Winter Weather Advisory 4 (FINAL) – 11:30 a.m. – January 5, 2018 )
Finally, all NY/NJ terminals are operating with normal hours today.
There will be some amount of backlog to clear through at terminals that were closed due the storm. Please let us know if you have any questions about specific questions.