Customs bonds are required on all commercial merchandise entering the United States. Per regulation the importer agrees to the following conditions
- Agreement to pay duties, taxes and charges in a timely manner.
- Agreement to make or complete entry.
- Agreement to produce documents and evidence of shipment.
- Agreement to redeliver merchandise if requested.
- Agreement to rectify a non-compliance with provision for admission.
- Agreement to allow examination of merchandise.
- Reimbursement and exoneration of the United States.
- Compliance with special requirements on duty free entries.